Saturday, November 12, 2011

"God Told Me to Do It"

Such a statement made by, say, a murderer would be a strong indication of mental illness.

So what does it say about a Republican candidate for President of the United States?

Like Herman Cain, who said in a speech today to a national meeting of young Republicans:

"That's when I prayed and prayed and prayed. I'm a man of faith — I had to do a lot of praying for this one, more praying than I've ever done before in my life. And when I finally realized that it was God saying that this is what I needed to do, I was like Moses. 'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'"

We are left to assume, I suppose, that God, that all-powerful, omniscient being responded in an appropriately deep, manly tone: "YES, HERMAN CAIN, I AM SURE."

As opposed to another completely reasonable reaction, which would be to blast Herman Cain with a bolt of lightning, frying him to a black crisp for doubting the word of the Lord

Or maybe he just prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed....

for sooooooooooooooooooooo long that he started hallucinating from dehydration and/or hunger.

Any way you look at it (bad judgement, delusions or arrogance), this man should be kept far away from the White House.

No comments: