Saturday, April 30, 2011

A new book about APEX - with a big heart

John Scott, of Apex Evangelists, a friend, highly respected Oracle technologist, and APEX expert, has just published his (well, he led the collaborative effort involving some 12 contributors) latest book on APEX, Expert Oracle Application Express.

His first book was of great assistance to Eli, my son, who has rapidly become a very competent APEX programmer, and I am sure this new book will be of even greater help.

If you work with APEX, I encourage you to pick up a copy of this book, not only because technically it should be quite excellent (disclosure: I have not yet read it myself), but also because all the authors have agreed to donate 100% of their royalties to two memorial funds set up to support the families of two APEX technologists who died: Carl Backstrom in 2008 and Scott Spadafore in 2010.

As John says in his blog, "If you are only going to buy one APEX book this year, please buy this one!"

You'll benefit and so with the families of Carl and Scott.

1 comment:

Surachart Opun said...

Thank You.
I bought it.