Monday, October 08, 2007

An amazing Scrabble achievement

Veva and I have been playing Scrabble lots lately....

A few weeks ago I was delighted to put down this word

VOICING

Nothing terribly special, except that I was able to put it across the board in such a way that both the V and the G were on double word spaces - so I got a quadruple word score! That was the first time I had ever done that.

But this accomplishment was nothing compared to last night.

On Veva's first turn she put down BREEZES - 7 letter word -> 106 points!

I immediately countered on MY first turn with SOUTHING - another 7 letter word but "only" 74 points.

Well, from there my game definitely took a turn for the worse; I ended up with only 298 points.

But Veva...Veva...she never slowed down. She came up with a SECOND 7 letter word score: DIVERTED, good for another 70 points, followed that by CREW on a triple word score that netted 48 points and....

She ended up with a score of 437 points, an average score per turn of 21 points!

Incredible.

That was a lot of fun, though I have to admit I would have had MORE fun if I was the one who got 437 points.

:-)

1 comment:

Laurent Schneider said...

In theory, you can even place 27-timers!

In French, words like empyreumatiques or chryselephantin score more than 1000 points!!!

Good luck then...